Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Free to Be ... You and Me

I was trying to remember... I remembered pink with little people on it ~ making shapes ... rg did not know it ... I was googling "childrens record me you" without much success. and I wonder if I have noted it here or on dlww or on dlcs? then I remembered "free to be me and you"! but that did not get me a record. finally wkp search free to be me --->
Free to Be… You and Me:The album has become a cult classic across the United States amongst many who were children in the 1970s.
Using poetry, songs, and sketches, the basic concept was to salute values such as individuality, tolerance, and happiness with one's identity; a major thematic message is that anyone, whether a boy or a girl, can achieve anything one wants.

SEE PICTURE cupcake club: February 2005 Archives: "Did you have 'Free to Be You and Me' when you were growing up, or were you raised by wolves? The nicest human parents in the 70s gave their kids this record to learn the songs about non-sexist gender roles (it's better than it sounds)."

No comments: