
William Steig's Children's Book C D B! by Chris Dunmire:
On page 8 a hen sits contentedly on a nest of eggs.
D N S 5 X.
On page 13 a boy is pointing down at his pet dog with the admonishment
I M A U-M B-N. U R N N-M-L.
----
in mailroom, I said the priority envelopes aren't here.
rg said "O, S A R!"
hee I like that. the elided words make for a fun voice.
s for yes - or, for it's or s as in S M-T. or E S N T-S. (boy crying on backcover of CDB)
a for they.
N Q.
so then I looked for the little yellow book full of these letter-names-said aloud make phonetic sentences (there does not seem to be a name for this? about the book just gets called "letter puzzles"). would not have found it but someone here knew it was maybe by Steig so ggl'd: childrens book letters steig.
follow up book - CDC? -with gesture toward ocean
does not seem as good to me... includes these
C U N 10-S-E
V F E-10 D L-F-N oh the poor L-F-N
--------
last post here was in mid-Sept and says same as I say today: play is the one good thing. talking in funny voices. childs and animals.
and wryness too I guess, conversation.
esp talking in funny voices.
No comments:
Post a Comment